Ordering hot extruded bars
The profiles are supplied as bars in any length up to 16.000 mm. There are no requirements on min. quantities and even one-bar-prototypes can be produced.
The technology known as hot extrusion can be used to produce profiled bars with complex geometries in small or large volumes and in difficult-to-form materials. During hot extrusion a round steel billet is pre-heated and, after leaving the furnace, pushed through a forming die into a shaped bar using a ram with an extrusion force of approx. 2000 tons.
Hot extrusion not only allows to manufacture elaborated open steel profiles but as well seamless hollow profiles. Extruded profiles often become the preferred solution when the design is very complex, e.g. necessity for under cuts and/or when small production runs are requested, especially on mid to large size profiles.
- Material thickness: min. 3.5 mm
- Size range: fit in circle of max. 300 mm
- Inside diameter of hollow profile: from 20 mm to 200 mm
- Weight: from 1.5 kg/m to 120 kg/m
- General tolerances: ±0,5 mm
- Shaped sections
- Hollow section with contoured OD’s and ID’s
- Very high design flexibility
- Small volume production
- Midsize to large profiles
- Low tooling cost
- Prototyping possible
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Nickel base alloys
- Titanium (2,3, 4, 7 and 12) incl. 6AL-4V
- Zirconium and zirconium alloys