This technology is a precision forming process which reduces the cross sectional area of metal wire or pre-rolled profiles into a secondary or final shape by pulling it through precision dies.
Focused on Stainless Steel
Cold drawing is an extremely cost-effective technology to refine tolerances and surface condition of medium and larger size sections.
The profiles can be supplied as bars in fix lengths up to 12.000 mm. The bundles can be cut to length with a tolerance of +/- 10 mm.
Production quantities start at approx. 500 kg.
- Material thickness: min. 2 mm
- Size range: fit in circle of max. 200 mm
- Weight: from 0.5 kg/m to 70 kg/m
- General tolerances: ±0.1 mm
- Solid steel sections
- Cost efficient technology
- High design flexibility
- Mid and large profiles
- Very tight tolerances
- Very good surface finish
- Unalloyed or low alloy structural steel
- Fine-grained structural steel
- Austenitic stainless steel
- Ferritic stainless steel
- Duplex stainless steel
- Nickel base alloys